4 people are interested
To fulfill the Museum’s mission and goals, the Concierge volunteer staff member will assist primarily with greeting visitors and office-related projects, but also may help with other Museum programs and projects. As a key member of the Visitor Services Team, Admissions staff people interact with guest to the museum while staffing the front desk in the Visitor Center under the supervision of the Visitor Services Manager. Concierge staff may assist with processing tickets, communicating with guides, do light paper work and answer guest’s questions regarding the museum, Salem and the surrounding area.
- Concierge staff members are required to learn about Salem, answer guest questions regarding the historic site, Salem and surrounding area, other attractions in town in a positive and non-opinionated manner;
- Greet visitors and assist with Admissions staff;
- Assist with general office tasks;
- Assist with visitor-related projects;
- Assist with special events and other programs;
- Arrive at work on time and work the entire agreed upon shift;
- Admission Staff must work in cooperation with all Guest Service Staff to provide prompt, courteous experience to all our daily guest.
About HOUSE OF SEVEN GABLES SETTLEMENT ASSOCIATION
SETTLEMENT ASSOCIATION 115 DERBY ST, SALEM, MA 01970, US
To preserve our National Historic Landmark and leverage its power as an icon of American culture to engage diverse audiences and provide education opportunities for our local immigrant community.
We value the preservation and philanthropic Settlement legacies of our founder, Caroline Emmerton.
We value the literary legacy of Nathaniel Hawthorne.
We value our designation as a National Historic Landmark and our role in telling the history of our nation.
We value the historic preservation of our site: buildings, gardens and stories.
We value being a center of and for the following communities:
National historical community
Local, at-risk immigrant community
We value education.
115 Derby StreetSalem, MA 01970
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- The House of the Seven Gables value our volunteers so we can work around the volunteer's schedule. We usually look for a 4 hour shift.