6 people are interested
Be a visitor guide
6 people are interested
We are looking for volunteers who can help us in the mornings and afternoons guide patients around the hospital. This volunteer would help at our front lobby information desk and would escort patients and visitors around the hospital and help patients check in for our lab and other outpatient departments. This is also a fun opportunity for those who are looking to interact with our patients and to make their days a little brighter.
- 08:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- 12:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Ventura County Medical Center
300 Hillmont Ave, Ventura, CA 93003, US
Provide comprehensive, cost-effective, compassionate health care for our diverse community, especially those facing barriers, through an exceptional workforce, education, and forward thinking leadership
Ventura County Medical Center (VCMC) is a fully-integrated, comprehensive system of hospital, clinic and specialty services. The system provides access to high quality, compassionate health care to residents throughout Ventura County.
While VCMC provides access to health care to all residents of our county, special emphasis is placed on providing access to care for the underserved and those facing barriers to access. Referred to as the "safety net" population, these individuals comprise over three quarters of the care provided by VCMC.
- VCMC is noted for its renowned Family Medicine Residency Program, and is distinguished as the only Ventura County academic teaching hospital with a residency affiliated with UCLA School of Medicine.
- VCMC is the designated Level II Trauma Center for the west county and is known for its extraordinary trauma team, which includes skilled and talented surgeons covering neurosurgery, orthopedic and general surgery cases.
- Additionally, our award-winning neonatal intensive care unit and pediatric unit are unique to a county this size; VCMC boasts the only pediatric hospitalist in the county as well as having the county’s first and only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).
300 Hillmont AveVentura, CA 93003
November 1, 2021
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers must be able to commit to one regularly scheduled 4 hour shift per week for a minimum of 6 months.
- A TB test, annual flu shot and proof of COVID vaccination are required. TB test and annual flu shot are provided by the hospital at no cost.