Fall Development Intern (UNPAID)
Our Department of Communications and Development is looking for self-starting Development Interns who are strong thinkers, writers, and listeners with excellent people skills. Chosen interns will form a team that possesses a combination of the skills outlined below.
The Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social services organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, and Latin America into the socio-economic and civic life of American society while maintaining pride in their cultural heritage.
- Studying Communications, Marketing, Design, Journalism, English, Writing, Social Justice, International Relations, Latin American Studies, Middle Eastern Studies, or related fields.
- Proficiency in Arabic, Bangla, Spanish, or other languages is a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Maintaining correspondence between CIANA and its donors, business partners, and elected officials
- Researching skills to research donors, business partners, and elected officials
- Relationship management with donors, business partners, and elected officials
- Event planning and group organizing
- Manage donor relations by ensuring donors, local partners, and elected officials receive regular, personalized communications
- Seek out opportunities to collaborate with local partners and elected officials; maintain a database of their interests in causes; assist in lobbying activities
- Engage in activism online and offline with other immigration organizations and coalition partners
- Assist in planning events for allies and donors
- Help research process and draft applications for discretionary funding
- Research and reach out to local partners to collaborate on Giving Tuesday and End-of-the-Year Fundraiser
Hours: 12-20 hours per week
For more information, please visit CIANA’s website at www.cianainc.org or check out our social media at @cianainc. To apply, please send a bio or resume to email@example.com.
About Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans, CIANA
31-09 Newtown Avenue, Suite 411, Astoria, NY 11102, US
To provide special transitional services which will lead to the successful integration of newcomers into American society while continuing to maintain pride in their own cultural heritage .
Immigrants and refugees will be provided with the tools to emerge from poverty, isolation, and linguistic barriers to become full, productive American citizens. Our services promote family well-being and stability, provide counseling and support services, and expose newcomers to the social, economic and educational opportunities available to them. Professional social services will include ESOL and civics classes, citizenship preparation, adult literacy, child welfare and youth services, legal and immigration assistance, financial literacy, micro credit and finance, employment assistance, and information and referral services. Newcomers will gain a deeper understanding of western culture and how to incorporate its positive qualities into their lives without fear of losing their culture and identity; it will help them shape an identity that encompasses the best of both worlds and prevents their isolation and marginalization.
31-09 Newtown AvenueSuite 411New York City, NY 11102
- Public Relations
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Professional Development
- Public Advocacy
- 12-20 hours per week