Pillowcase Project Presenter - Northwest Ohio
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Help children in your community learn new skills and get prepared today!!
This is a national youth preparedness program offered by Red Cross regions across the country. The 40-60 minute presentation provides emergency preparedness education to youth in grades 3-5 (ages 8-11) in school classrooms and other settings. The highly interactive presentation addresses home fire safety, natural hazard, psycho-social coping skills and household preparedness steps like making a plan and a kit.
- Conduct Pillowcase Project presentations given to youth in schools and community settings
- Successfully complete the all presenter training
- May assist with community outreach to schedule presentations at sites
- May assist in reaching key groups within the region, such as support to military families, as risk youth, etc.
- May mentor new presenters to help the region build a team of experienced youth preparedness presenters
- Work as a team with the Regional Pillowcase Program Manager and other volunteers and employees to build The Pillowcase Project in the region
- Ensure all reporting data for each presentation given is collected and given to regional staff in a timely manner
- Other duties as agreed to between the presenter and the Regional Pillowcase Program Manager.
- Enthusiastic about the American Red Cross mission and programs
- Comfortable presenting an interactive curriculum to youth in grades 3-5 (ages 8-11) in school and out of school/community settings
- A strong desire to learn about emergency preparedness and protective actions in order to teach them to youth
- Flexible and willingness to teach new ideas and concepts, such as the psychosocial "coping skills"
- Strong organizational skills and ability to follow through with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking
- Dynamic personality that relates well to youth in the target age group
- Reliable, punctual, good time management skills
- Ability to complete reports and conduct follow up calls with sites in a timely manner
- Ability to problem solve and be flexible with program changes, regional changes, etc.
- Daytime and/or weekend availability
- Ability to arrange transportation to the Red Cross office to pick up materials, travel to event location, and return materials, etc. to the office at the end of the presentation
Training is provided at no cost. The time commitment is flexible and based upon program needs in the area. Presenters sign up to do presentations that work with their schedules.
If interested you can apply by visiting, https://www.redcross.org/volunteer, scrolling down the page and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. You will be asked to create a username and password for Volunteer Connection, the Red Cross volunteer portal. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check. Be sure to have your photo ID (driver's license, passport, state issued photo ID) you will have to upload a picture of it to your application for the verification process.
If you have additional questions please feel free to contact, Becky Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at 614-395-3924 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
1111 Research DriveToledo, OH 43614
- Safety & Disaster Education
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Varies based on program needs