Volunteer Coordinator - Sedalia
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
We are looking for a volunteer coordinator to help recruit and organize volunteers at our facility in Sedalia. The work is estimated to take no more than 5 hours per week and includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Assess and meet volunteer needs through the recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers
- Update various platforms for recruitment
- Respond to volunteer applications online and screen candidates
- Meet and greet first time volunteers onsite for orientation
- Ensure volunteers sign appropriate waivers
- Ensure volunteers sign in and out using established software
- Ensure open communication with facility manager pertaining to training needs and volunteer shifts
- Communicate regularly with all volunteers
- Send thank you emails and notes to volunteers
Strong communication skills, flexibility, great interpersonal skills, a passion for people and animals and proven organizational skills are recommended for this position.
About 4 Paws 4 Life
firstname.lastname@example.org, Lakewood, CO 80226, US
4 Paws 4 Life is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit animal rescue organization dedicated to finding perfect "furever" homes for orphaned pets abandoned in overpopulated high-kill shelters throughout the western half of the U.S. Animal shelters across the U.S. hold approximately eight million companion animals within their facilities each year. Almost 50% of them are euthanized merely due to lack of resources. Focusing our operations around committed volunteers, our primary objective is to save as many adoptable companion animals from Death Row. Our efforts also extend to the circulation of knowledge and promotion of initiatives that support the best welfare of our four-legged friends, such as responsible companion animal relationships, the prevention of animal cruelty, and the achievement of a no-kill nation.
4 Paws 4 Life was created to give a stronger voice to abandoned companion animals who have no voice. Our leaders have worked with various rescue organizations across the country. Our dedicated and passionate group has successfully placed over 2,000 dogs into "furever" homes since its inception.
Our organization relies on the comitment of volunteers, foster homes, local veterinarians, trainers, boarding facilities, shelters, and rescue partners. It is the collaboration of this entire community that makes it possible to rehome these adoptable dogs in Colorado.
Partnering with like-minded organizations to achieve a common goal of saving animals.
Providing dogs with temporary care through our foster programs and/or boarding facilities.
Ensuring they receive medical care using our local veterinarian services.
Ensuring successful placements using our application and interview processes.
Finding them loving homes during our weekly adoption events program.
Educating adopters and the general public on responsible pet care and relationships.
Hiring trainers, when necessary, to assist with behavioral issues.
We believe every dog deserves a long, happy and healthy life.
We believe in our community.
We believe in a no-kill nation.
Paws and Hugs,The 4P4L Team
We'll work with your schedule.
3648 N Perry Park RdSedalia, CO 80135
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- About 5 hours per week
- Strong communication skills, flexibility, great interpersonal skills, a passion for people and animals and proven organizational skills are recommended for this position.