TEDxSeattle Art Director
3 people are interested
TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxSeattle , where x = independently organized TED event.
TEDxSeattle is one of the first and longest running TEDx events in the world. Now we are proud to say it is one of the largest as well. What started in 2010 as a single-day event called TEDxRainier with an audience of 600 people has evolved into TEDxSeattle with an audience that now fills McCaw Hall’s 2,800 seat auditorium.
The TEDxSeattle organization and annual event is a 100% volunteer-run and self-supporting nonprofit and we are currently looking for an Art Director to join our team!
In this role, you will oversee the design and development of our Event Program. This is no small feat. Our 30+ page program is a highly coveted piece of art, that many attendees keep long after the event has ended. You will work cross-functionally to align various teams (Design, Content, Speakers, Sales, Marketing, and more) to deliver this one of a kind piece. If you are ambitious and enjoy taking on a multitude of challenges for an exciting and highly visible cause, you will have the opportunity to take on other projects (of which there are many).
Why participate? Gain the satisfaction of being a critical part of a large, influential event tied to a global brand. Open doors with the Seattle business community of thinkers and doers. Get a powerful resume builder. Serve as an integral part of a supportive, passion-driven volunteer-run community. Be involved with an organization offering a long track record of game-changing events and building community.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to deliver projects on time and of extraordinary quality.
- Design the cover to cover layout for our 30+ page printed program
- Work with our content and design team to creatively highlight our speakers and sponsors
- Coordinate external vendors such as printing and creative agencies to help complete projects
- Think outside the box to deliver a program that attendees read, engage with, learn from, and ultimately take home to show off to their friends.
- Roll up your sleeves and do some of the design work yourself
- 3+ years in an Art Director or similar Creative Leadership role
- Experience working on high-quality, complex print media pieces
- Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Illustrator experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Slack and Asana preferred
- Previous experience designing, preparing and handing off print assets for production
- 4-6 hours per week
Next step: Does this role resonate with you? If so, please send us your resume and portfolio along with an email telling us about yourself and why you are an ideal candidate to join the TEDxSeattle team. Submit resume/email to email@example.com.
We'll work with your schedule.
Seattle areaSeattle, WA 98104
- Graphic Design / Print
- Web Design
- Graphic Design
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 4-6 hours per week