4 people are interested
Outreach Ambassador - Help Spread the Word
ORGANIZATION: ITN Southern Delaware
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
COVID SAFETY MEASURES IN PLACE FOR VOLUNTEERS AND MEMBERS.
ITN Southern Delaware is looking for outgoing, energetic, well-spoken individuals who believe in our mission to provide community-based, community supported transportation services for seniors 55+ and adults with visual impairments.
Outreach Ambassadors will promote ITN by:
- developing and making contacts throughout an assigned area,
- facilitate sponsorships and ride service agreements with local businesses
- promote membership and recruit volunteer drivers
- assist with information fairs and expos (temporarily suspended due to COVID),
- contributing fundraising ideas and working with a team to plan small events and appeals.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ITN Southern Delaware
26412 Broadkill Rd., Suite 1A, Milton, DE 19968, US
ITN Southern Delaware strives to provide sustainable, community-based and community supported transportation services for seniors 55+ and adults with visual impairments throughout Sussex County by building a transportation cooperative network and promoting lifelong safety and mobility. ITN promises to provide safe, reliable, arm-through-arm, door-through-door transportation services with superior customer service so that members feel like they still have their own car and a close friend helping them maintain their independence and enjoy great Quality of Life.
Transitioning from driver to passenger isn’t easy, but it is less stressful when there is a transportation alternative that keeps the older adult in control. ITN Southern Delaware is a non-profit organization committed to providing safe, reliable transportation services. ITN members pay an annual membership fee and open a debit account to pay for rides. When they pick up the telephone to schedule a ride, they are not asking a favor, they are maintaining their mobility and independence. ITN can be the key that allows them to age in place.
ITN provides superior customer service with an arm-through-arm, door-through-door standard that sets them apart from DART, DAST, taxis and new online app services. Rides are available 24/7 with no restriction to purpose, and customers have an option to ride alone or with others.
- Membership based co-op for 55+ and visually impaired adults
- Service area - Southern Delaware
- No money exchanges hands with driver, no tipping allowed
- Fares are half the cost of a comparable taxi ride
- Monthly statements
- Ride share discounts
- Pet friendly
- Can accommodate canes, walkers, portable wheelchairs
- Volunteers drive around their own schedule
- Volunteers accrue credits for miles driven or hours worked. Credits used for rides, saved for future, transferred to a loved one, or donated back to ITN
26412 Broadkill RdSuite 1AMilton, DE 19968
June 29, 2022
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 50
- Orientation or Training
- 8 - 16 hours per month, around your schedule
- People Skills, Outgoing, Enthusiastic, Customer Service Oriented