Outreach Ambassador - Help Spread the Word
1 person is interested
ITN Southern Delaware is looking for outgoing, energetic, well-spoken individuals who believe in our mission to provide community-based, community supported transportation services for seniors 55+ and adults with visual impairments.
Outreach Ambassadors will promote ITN by:
- developing and making contacts throughout an assigned area,
- facilitate sponsorships and ride service agreements with local businesses,
- scheduling presentations for small groups to promote membership and recruit volunteer drivers,
- assisting with information fairs and expos,
- contributing fundraising ideas and working with a team to plan small events and appeals.
About ITN Southern Delaware
26412 Broadkill Rd., Suite 1A, Milton, DE 19968, US
ITN Southern Delaware strives to provide sustainable, community-based and community supported transportation services for seniors 55+ and adults with visual impairments throughout Sussex County by building a transportation cooperative network and promoting lifelong safety and mobility.
Transitioning from driver to passenger isn’t easy, but it is less stressful when there is a transportation alternative that keeps the older adult in control. ITN Southern Delaware is a non-profit organization committed to providing safe, reliable transportation services. ITN members pay an annual membership fee and open a debit account to pay for rides. When they pick up the telephone to schedule a ride, they are not asking a favor, they are maintaining their mobility and independence. ITN can be the key that allows them to age in place.
ITN provides superior customer service with an arm-through-arm, door-through-door standard that sets them apart from DART, DAST, taxis and new online app services. Rides are available 24/7 with no restriction to purpose, and customers have an option to ride alone or with others.
- Membership based co-op for 55+ and visually impaired adults
- Service area - Southern Delaware
- No money exchanges hands with driver, no tipping allowed
- Fares are half the cost of a comparable taxi ride
- Monthly statements
- Ride share discounts
- Can accommodate canes, walkers, portable wheelchairs
- Volunteers drive around their own schedule
- Volunteers accrue credits for miles driven or hours worked. Credits used for rides, saved for future, transferred to a loved one, or donated back to ITN
We'll work with your schedule.
26412 Broadkill RdSuite 1AMilton, DE 19968
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 50
- Orientation or Training
- 8 - 19 hours per month around your schedule
- People Skills, Outgoing, Customer Service Oriented, Public Speaker