Surgicare Desk Liaison
5 people are interested
We are looking for some early birds to help us greet and register our surgery patients at the Good Samaritan Hospital.
This volunteer will initiate the registration process for the incoming Surgicare patient, communicating with family members as to the Surgicare process for the patient and escort patients/family members to the designated patient room once patient is settled in room.
- Check patients in for surgery.
- Match the patient’s surgery paperwork to their individualized patient folder kept at the registration desk. Folders are usually red or blue.
- Take the patient’s folder to the nurses’ station, making certain that the nurses have the patient’s folder presented to them in an orderly fashion for handling.
- Inform patient/family members that a Surgicare nurse will call patient from waiting room to the Surgicare Unit. This process is usually a very quick turnaround.
- Walk family members back to patient room once patient is settled, after checking with nurses.
- Never discuss any aspect of a patient's surgery/leaving time, other than it may be delayed, following up with the Charge nurse.
- Educate patients and visitors on the surgery process
We'll work with your schedule.
375 Dixmyth AvenueCincinnati, OH 45220
- Patient Care
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- We are looking for volunteers who can start as early as 5:45am! We do ask that our volunteers serve at least 50 hours in a 12 month period.
- Medical approval from our Employee Health department is also required.