Financial Consultant - Operation Confidence (For Volunteers Age 55+)
Quick Overview: If you are someone who is passionate about volunteering for a non-profit, have an acumen for analyzing and evaluating finances consider a volunteer opportunity as a nonprofit financial consultant.
Organization Name and Website: Operation Confidence, https://www.operationconfidence.org/
Mission or Broader Program Description: Operation Confidence aims to assist homeless disabled veterans with permanent housing, resources, and adaptive services through Operation Confidence Turning Point Housing Program to help them become productive citizens once again.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: Construct an interactive financial model; evaluate an organization’s current revenue streams and how best to diversify; create a structure around a nonprofit’s charitable contributions or earned income. Volunteers will have the following responsibilities:
- Assess current financial recording keeping system/ practices
- Lead development of a process for updating those systems
- Implement and lead staff on nonprofit fiduciary best practices
- Work with bookkeeper to coordinate an organizational financial plan
- Prepare tax returns and prepare the paperwork needed for the organizations 990
Requirements: Volunteers can work remotely (depending upon the role) and will receive support from L.A. Works Pro Bono Coordinator.
- Accounting background
- Experience in the non-profit world is ideal
- Able to relay information and train paid staff on best practices
We'll work with your schedule.
10931 Yarmouth AVeLos Angeles, CA 91335
- Strategic Planning
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Cost Analysis
- Financial Service Assistance
- Project Management
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55
- Time commitment of 6-8 hours per month for at least 3 months. Flexible with your schedule. Potential to work remotely.