Intrepid Hospice Companion
1 person is interested
As a Hospice volunteer, you will likely find your own life enriched as you build relationships with patients and their loved ones. You will have the opportunity to enter into sacred spaces with people, and walk with people on a journey into and through the end of physical life. You will gain a better understanding of death, and have the opportunity to deepen your own beliefs and practices related to your mortality. Intrepid Hospice recognizes dying as a normal life process. We focus our attention on enhancing the quality of our patient's life at this time while also providing support for their loved ones
As a Hospice volunteer, you can do a wide variety of things based on your own skills, talents, and interests. Some of these things may include;
- Support for patients, such as visiting, reading, taking walks, writing letters, journaling, music therapy, and pet therapy.
- Respite and support for loved ones and caregivers.
- Administrative support for Patient/Family calls, cards, and mailings.
- Companionship for patients and loved ones; a connection to the community.
Every Intrepid Hospice Volunteer receives extensive training before being placed into a volunteer opportunity. Volunteer opportunities will be filled based on your own comfort level and preference. All training, background check, and drug screening is provided by Intrepid Hospice.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Twin Cities Metro Area2277 Highway 36 WestRoseville, MN 55113
- Administrative Support
- Animal Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Music Therapy
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- We ask for a minimum of 1 hour a week.
- Able to transport yourself to and from patient locations.