Virtual: Make phone calls to military families & veterans as a Red Cross Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Every day, the American Red Cross sees the heartbreak of people trying to cope with more intense storms, heavier rainfall, higher temperatures, stronger hurricanes, and more devastating wildfires. As more people rely on the Red Cross for help, the need for compassionate volunteers has never been greater. Spring into action and join us by becoming a volunteer today!
The Red Cross - Service to the Armed Forces provides financial assistance and resource referrals to military members & their families. Family Follow-Up volunteers ensure military families' needs are met when faced with an emergency.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of any case notes, names and other personal information in accordance with Red Cross policies
- Understand and apply Service to Armed Forces (SAF) policies, procedures and protocols related to Red Cross client services consistently and correctly
- Support the follow up process to include making follow-up calls to military members and/or families to determine if their needs are met, providing other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service
- Acquire a working knowledge of local, state and federal resources aiding military members, families and veterans
- Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy
- Maintain current casework required training.
- Able to support Red Cross SAF mission; have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues
- Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others while upholding the values and principles of the American Red Cross
- Ability to apply active listening skills and employ reasoning and questioning strategies to capture, analyze, and interpret information from clients, staff, and management
- Good computer skills to include use of Internet search tools; Intranet; and Microsoft Office Suite, to include Outlook, word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet applications
- Effective interviewing skills and a sound knowledge of telephone and in-person etiquette and pleasant and friendly manners respectful of human dignity
- Ability to work with or without supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills; Ability to work well with others
- Willingness to gain knowledge of community resources
- Able to work with culturally diverse populations
5 hours per week. Flexible, with a scheduled commitment
Visit www.redcross.org/volunteer & submit your volunteer application
Contact Alaina at email@example.com
62 More opportunities with American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region1 Review
About American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region
4860 Sheboygan Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations La Crosse, WI 54601
May 9, 2023
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Can volunteer from home
- Must submit a volunteer application at redcross.org/volunteer