Young Mothers, Inc.
Young Mothers Inc. is a local nonprofit organization whose mission is Educating, Mentoring, Nurturing, and Supporting Young Mothers to Become Self-Sufficient for Themselves and Their Families.
We are seeking an experienced Data Manager to oversee the implementation and use of data systems, including a donor management system, event management system, and data analytics tools. You will discover efficient ways to organize, store, and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality.
In addition to having a strong understanding of databases and data analysis, the ideal candidate will have previous experience working in the nonprofit sector and be familiar with the unique needs of nonprofit systems and procedures. As this is a small organization, we are also seeking a candidate who is generally tech-savvy and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.The goal is to ensure that our donor and client data is secure, while also identifying the most efficient ways of utilizing our data to support the ongoing mission of the organization.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management
- Make recommendations for the addition of new systems; oversee system implementation, including user training; and oversee ongoing administration of the systems
- Formulate management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data management and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with board members and staff, external stakeholders, etc.
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Young Mothers, Inc.
- Proven experience as data manager
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- BS/BA in computer science or relevant field appreciated
- Able to commit a minimum of six hours a week working remotely
Please visit youngmothersinc.com to learn more about our non-profit organization!
About Young Mothers, Inc.
P.O Box 30019 SE, Washington, DC 20030, US
Educating, mentoring, nurturing and supporting young mothers to become self-sufficient for themselves and their families.
We are a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of women across the National Capital Region surviving a number of serious issues and concerns from housing and food insecurities to mental health concerns.