Help register families for The Salvation Army Angel Tree program - Peachcrest
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
15 people are interested
Along with the familiar Red Kettles, the Angel Tree program is one of The Salvation Army’s highest profile Christmas efforts. Angel Tree was created by The Salvation Army in 1979 to provide clothing and toys for children at Christmas time.
Our Process in Atlanta:
- Social service agencies and schools refer families to The Salvation Army for help with Christmas.
- Participants are interviewed to verify that the family is truly in need. We obtain the name of each child or senior citizen in the family and a list of desired Christmas gifts.
- Angel tags are printed for each individual and placed on Salvation Army Angel Trees at area malls and in local corporations and organizations for generous donors to "adopt" an angel and provide gifts.
Shifts for the week:
- Monday thru Friday 9AM-12PM; 1PM-3:30PM
About The Salvation Army Metro Atlanta Area Command
1000 Center Place, Norcross, GA 30093, US
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army Metro Atlanta Area has almost 125 years of significant and long-term experience in understanding the barriers that prevent economically-disadvantaged populations from meeting their basic needs.
Many of the people we serve are on fixed incomes, earning minimum wage, supporting multiple family members on a single wage or simply not working at all. In particular, our nine Financial Emergency Service officers, Red Shield Services Emergency and Transitional Housing Shelter, three Boys and Girls Clubs and Residential Camping program serve people primarily living in poverty. The Salvation Army operates a wide range of programs throughout the Metro area, doing the most good everyday.
Since its beginning, volunteers have stood shoulder-to-shoulder with The Salvation Army to provide help. In fact, the name "The Salvation Army" came about in 1878 when William Booth adapted it from a phrase he read that described the organization as a "volunteer army." Often referred to as "the army behind The Army," volunteers play a crucial role in The Salvation Army's ability to provide quality social services to the local community.
The Salvation Army Peachcrest Corps3500 Sherrydale LaneDecatur, GA 30032
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- 3-4 hrs