Veteran to Veteran Volunteer Program
1 person is interested
Every day, Heartland Hospice Service has the distinct honor of caring for hundreds of Veterans, many of who dedicated their lives to caring for others. That is why Heartland has developed the Vets-to-Vets program, in which volunteers with similar backgrounds can meet with and assist in the care of U.S. military veterans. No one understands the questions and concerns of a Veteran more than a fellow Veteran or active duty personnel. Someone who you share common language and code of conduct with. Help enrich the lives of our Veterans patients by:
- Listening as they tell their life stories
- Helping Educate and assist on how to access veteran benefits
- Helping during pinning ceremonies and presenting recognition and certificates
- Providing support to families and loved ones
Benefits of volunteering:
- Flexible schedules - you are able to pick up your own schedule and volunteers as little or as often as you would like
- Learn new skills
- Meet new people
- Make a difference
- Rewarding- give more than it takes
- Healthy for you- long term volunteers have longer lives, less disease and better overall health.
Please contact Shannon Mendoza, Volunteer Coordinator for more details. Phone (714)558-2366 or email at Shannon.Mendoza@HCR-ManorCare.com
About HCR-Manor/Heartland Hospice
725 West Town & Country Road, Suite 130, Orange, CA 92868, US
HCR is dedicated to providing the highest quality in health care services. By ensuring that patients and residents live with the greatest dignity and comfort possible, we will establish HCR ManorCare as the preeminent care provider, committed to standards of performance which serve as the hallmark of the industry.
The HCR ManorCare health care family enjoys distinction as one of the nation's leading providers of short-term,post-acute skilled nursing and rehabiltation; long-term care; memory care; assisted living; and home health care and hospice agencies. These locations operate primarily under the respected Heartland, ManorCare Health Services and Arden Courts names.
We'll work with your schedule.
725 W. Town & Country Rd. Suite 130Orange, CA 92868
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One year commitment (minimum of 2 hours per week)