BBQ Bolt Run/Walk
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
7 people are interested
About the BBQ Bolt Run/Walk
Spice things up this summer with the inaugural BBQ Bolt Run/Walk event hosted by the Downers Grove Park District at 8 am on Saturday, July 20! Starting and finishing at McCollum Park, the BBQ Bolt will bring the community together to celebrate summer with fitness followed by a post-race Picnic in the Park featuring BBQ, beer and a kid area.
The BBQ Bolt supports Downers Grove Park District's inclusion services, through SEASPAR, for people with disabilities who want to participate in a park district program or activity.
Looking for an opportunity to have fun AND give back to the community? The Downers Grove Park District is seeking volunteers to help as course marshals, assist with water stops and goodie distribution to participants. All volunteers will receive complimentary breakfast and a volunteer shirt!
Thank you for your willingness to volunteer at the BBQ Bolt. This race would not be possible without your involvement. There are a number of positions open that we will need help at. Depending on your availability the morning of the event we can use your help in possibly more than one area. To help you decide which position might be best for you, here is a brief description and approximate time for each position.
Sign up today to help cheer on the BBQ Bolt participants at https://bit.ly/2J6Yzwo.
- 5-mile and 5K Course Helper: Direct runners along the course at various intersections. Cell phone required for communication purposes. Hours: 6:30-10 AM
- 1-mile and 50-meter Dash Course Helper: Assist with the 1-mile Walk/Run and the Kids' Dash. Hours: 7:30-9:30 AM
- Check-in and Bib Pickup:Assist pre-registered participants with check-in. Hours: 6:00-8:15 AM
- T-Shirt/Goody Bag Distribution: Provide participants with their shirt and goody bag. Hours: 6:00-8:30 AM
- Gear Check: Help to secure participants' personal belongings during the event. Hours: 6:30-10:30 AM
- Food and Water Station at Finish Line: Handing out water and food as participants finish. Hours: 8-10 AM
- Finish Line Medals: Provide racers with their medal at the finish of the race. Hours:8-10 AM
- Clean Up: Help with general clean-up of site. Hours: 10-11:30 AM
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
McCollum Park6801 S Main St.Downers Grove, IL 60515
- Outdoor Recreation
- People 55+
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- If you are helping on the course, a cell phone would be helpful for communication purposes.