Administrative Assistant Volunteer
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for working with multiple departments across the organization, assisting with office projects including data entry, filing and tracking content, copying, and assembling materials and packets, and answering phones at the front desk.
Impact & Benefits
- Assist multiple factions of the agency with efficiency and organization
- Ensure that the organization can continue to excel in its work and make a difference in clients’ lives
- Gain insight and administration skills in a non-profit, social service organization
- Complete office tasks including filing, copying, and assembling packets with organization
- Enter volunteer/intern data into database with confidentiality and attention to detail
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues to plan and complete projects
- Assist visitors looking to access Harriet’s Closet
- Accept in-kind donations
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with the computer; experience with data entry and general computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Ability to communicate professionally via email and telephone
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with a team
- Ability to work with diverse teams to foster a culturally inclusive environment
3111 First Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55408, US
Thriving people, healthy relationships, peaceful communities.
For more than 40 years, Tubman has helped women, men, children and families struggling with relationship violence, substance abuse, mental health, and other forms of trauma. Throughout the Twin Cities, Tubman provides safe shelter, legal services, counseling, elder care resources, youth programming, and community education.
Tubman is the state's largest provider of domestic violence services, with more than 20 percent of all Minnesota shelter beds for adults and children experiencing family violence.
Each year, we help about 25,000 people in Hennepin, Ramsey, and Washington counties and the surrounding area get the support and information they need to experience safety, hope, and healing.
We'll work with your schedule.
3111 First Avenue SouthMinneapolis, MN 55408
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Time Commitment & Availability • Flexible – weekday availability necessary (Mon – Thurs), 3-10 hours/week
- Supervision & Training • Attend Tubman’s five-part Volunteer/Intern Orientation and Training • The Administrative Assistant Volunteer is supervised by the full-time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant