Position Title: Membership Chair
Purpose: The membership chair is a member of the board of directors and works in coordination with Executive Director in serving Eastside Audubon by creating a sustainable plan for member management, retention, and recruitment.
Oversees accuracy of membership list in the chapter’s customer relationship management database, including changes from National Audubon (NAS) and the chapter monthly, in cooperation with office staff and data entry volunteers.
- Develops an annual membership plan
- Oversees sending of membership information to prospective new NAS members;
- Oversees sending of welcome letters and membership renewal letters, as appropriate.
- Promotes membership by working with board to advertise chapter in a variety of ways in community.
- Responsible for growth and maintenance of membership committee, as well as oversight of database and hospitality subcommittees.
Qualifications: All board members must display a commitment to the organization and an understanding of the organization and its principles, mission, goals, and services. Board members should also know the responsibilities of governance and management of paid and volunteer staff. The membership chair must also display the following:
- The ability to successfully work with staff and other volunteers.
- Good written communication skills.
Responsible to: Board president.
Length of Appointment: The term is 2 years.
Time Commitment: Estimated to be approximately 84 hours per year, consisting of:
- 2-4 hours per month for board meeting and program night attendance (48 hours annually).
- 3 hours per month for coordination or meetings with staff, fundraising volunteers and committee members (36 hours annually).
Support and Training: The board president is available to answer questions and offer guidance. All board members have the opportunity and are encouraged to participate in at least one board-appropriate training per term, paid for by Eastside Audubon. Additionally, attendance at the Audubon Council of Washington or another Audubon meeting at least once per term is encouraged.
We'll work with your schedule.
308 Fourth Avenue S.Kirkland, WA 98033
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Customer Acquisition
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: Estimated to be approximately 84 hours per year, consisting of: • 2-4 hours per month for board meeting and program night attendance (48 hours annually). • 3 hours per month for coordination or meetings with staff, fundraising volu