25 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Young Mothers, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
25 people are interested
The Young Mothers INC Director Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for handling all donor development activities at Young Mothers INC, including researching and developing fundraising opportunities, building relationships with donors, and maintaining all donor information. The Fundraising Coordinator will enable Young Mothers INC to continue funding our programs for the purpose of Educating, Mentoring, Nurturing and Supporting young mothers to become self-sufficient for themselves and their families. The Fundraising Coordinator works directly with the Fundraising Committee while also liaising with other senior peer groups within the organization on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Represent Young Mothers INC to our donors and sponsors (active and potential)
- Create a fundraising strategy to meet organization fundraising goals
- Develop a relationship with existing donors and sponsors and cultivate new relationships with potential donors
- Maintain a record of donor and sponsor contact information, donation history, and other sensitive information
- Work with the Communication Committee to manage regular email communications to donors and sponsors, including organization updates, event invites, and fundraising campaign emails
- Assist in planning and coordinating Quarterly Mixer Event
- Send donation acknowledgements and thank you letters
- Develop and implement sponsorship program, including organizing sponsor events, fulfilling sponsor benefits, and maintaining active communication with sponsors
- Work with Social Media Coordinator to leverage online fundraising opportunities
- Work with Public Affairs Coordinator to identify grant opportunities and submit grant proposals to fund programs
- Report on effectiveness of fundraising efforts
- A college education or two years of fundraising experience preferred
- Experience Organizing Donors
- Experience with Online Fundraising
- Experience with building successful campaigns online
- Some knowledge raising funds for Political Campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience leading successful fundraising efforts, meeting/exceeding fundraising goals
- Experience working with data management/donor management software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google docs/Google sheets
- High energy individual who is quick to learn; an individual that can successfully sift through ambiguity and is capable and willing to ask for clarification when needed
- Highly collaborative team member
- A mature leader with the ability to provide constructive feedback to other Young Mothers INC leaders in order to maintain professional goals
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and entrepreneurially; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Able to commit a minimum of six hours a week working remotely
Please visit youngmothersinc.com to learn more about our non-profit organization!
About Young Mothers, Inc.
2001 L Street N.W., Suite 500, Washington DC 20036, DC 20036, US
Educating, mentoring, nurturing and supporting young mothers to become self-sufficient for themselves and their families.
We are a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of women across the National Capital Region surviving a number of serious issues and concerns from housing and food insecurities to mental health concerns.
SEWashington, DC 20020
November 9, 2022
- Data Entry
- Event Planning / Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Orientation or Training
- Six month commitment, at least 6 hours per week