Be a Local Ambassador for an International Nonprofit Leader: Stamford, Connecticut
2 people are interested
Atlas Corps is an international Fellowship program that brings mid-career professionals from around the world to serve in organizations in the United States for 12-18 months. (Check out our current and previous Hosts here.) Atlas Corps addresses critical social issues by developing leaders, strengthening organizations and promoting innovation through an overseas Fellowship of skilled nonprofit professionals.
How can you help? We're looking to expand our Volunteer network and there are many ways to be involved with Atlas Corps.
Become a Local Ambassador: Get to know amazing nonprofit leaders from another part of the world and help them feel at home in a new city!
- IMPACT-By providing one-on-one support to a Fellow, you are increasing their capacity to contribute and learn from their Host Organization.
- COMMITMENT- 4 months. We ask that you Skype or email with your Fellow before they arrive, assist them in adjusting to life in the U.S. and meet with them at least once a month to check in.
- QUALIFICATIONS-You should be college-aged or older. The majority of volunteers are young or mid-career professionals!
Watch this video and learn more about what it's like to be a Local Ambassador https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dktzSlXVx9U
Washington BlvdStamford, CT 06901
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Flexible (typically 2 - 3 hours a month)