Baton Rouge Walk to Defeat ALS 2019
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
The Walk to Defeat ALS is the ALS Association Louisiana-Mississippi Chapter's biggest annual event. Every year, amazing people across the community and state bring their determination, energy, and passion to the Walk to Defeat ALS. Since the event began, we have had continued positive growth and have raised millions of dollars toward our vision - a world without ALS. The Walk to Defeat ALS empowers people living with ALS, friends, families, businesses, and the community to fight back against a disease that often leaves many feeling powerless and has yet to be cured.
This walk will help to raise funds that allow our local chapters to sustain our services:
- Patient & Family Consultations
- ALS Multidisciplinary Clinics
- Patient Assistance Grant Program
- ALS Connection Meetings
- Medical Equipment & Assistive Technology Loan Program
- Research, Advocacy, Public Education, Awareness & Outreach
- Resource Library
When volunteers arrive the day of the walk, they should report to the volunteer check-in station, with the walk coordinator and/or volunteer chair. From that point, they will be given a t-shirt and instructions on their tasks.
6400 Perkins RoadBaton Rouge, LA 70808
- People 55+
- The walk volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of 3 hours and assignments will be given the day of the walk.