Help seniors by driving, running errands, and visiting
28 people are interested
Help seniors remain at home by providing community and services
Volunteers help our Members in the following areas:
- Transportation: Drive Members to and from medical appointments, grocery shopping, hair appointments, and social activities
- Errands: Grocery shop for members, take and drop off donations to charities or the library
- Handyman: Minor home repairs
- Computer/Electronic Support: Set up email, download photos, install software, provide training for basic technology
- Light Yard work/Gardening: Watering, weeding
- Light Chores: Changing light bulbs, vacuuming, etc.
- Friendly Visits: Take walks, play cards or board games, watch a movie, etc.
Also help out in our office: making phone calls, stuffing envelopes, covering the office phones, or helping plan events!
As a Volunteer, YOU decide what you want to do and how often. If interested, please call us at 424-271-2304.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About South Bay Village
22939 Hawthorne Blvd, Suite 106, Torrance, CA 90505, US
The mission of South Bay Village is to help seniors "Age In Place" with dignity and respect, by coordinating and delivering a range of services and programs that support health and wellness, through social and educational activities and to provide transportation, creating more meaningful and fulfiling lives for seniors.
South Bay Village is a program to help seniors remain in their own homes with the help of volunteers. Volunteers take seniors to doctor's appointments, run errands, take them to senior centers, grocery shopping,etc.; while also helping seniors at home with handyman tasks such as change light bulbs, fix a drippy faucet, walk the dog, and mostly spend time with the senior reading to them, watching a movie, playing card games, etc.
We'll work with your schedule.
Member's homes in the South BayTorrance, CA 90505
- Elder care
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- You choose how many assignments you take and when. Each assignment is 1-2 hours long.
- Our members and volunteers are within the same service area: Torrance and the surrounding areas, including Lomita, Harbor City, and the beach cities.