Road to Recovery-Bluegrass Area Program
3 people are interested
One of the biggest roadblocks to cancer treatment can be transportation. That's why the American Cancer Society Road to Recovery program provides patients with free rides. And we need your help! We are looking for drivers in Fayette, Scott, Bourbon, Jessamine, Madison, Clark, Montgomery and Woodford counties.
All Volunteers Need Is:
- A good driving record
- A current, valid driver's license
- Complete an American Cancer Society training course (takes approx. 1 hour)
- Access to a safe and reliable vehicle
- Proof of adequate automobile insurance
- Availability Monday through Saturday during the hours of 7am to 7pm.
If you can spare as little as one afternoon a month to be a Road to Recovery driver please visit cancer.org/drive, contact your local American Cancer Society Office (502-996-4523) or call 1-800-227-2345.
About American Cancer Society
1640 Lyndon Farm Ct., Ste 104, Louisville, KY 40223, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service. The goal of the American Cancer Society (ACS) is to prevent cancer, save lives, and diminish suffering from cancer. Enter the areas below to learn more about ACS efforts to meet this goal.
Make a Difference in the Lives of Cancer Patients
Volunteers will attend a 2-hour training to learn about the American Cancer Society and its patient services. They are provided with a Kit that includes printed material on ACS programs, services, and cancer site-specific educational information.
We'll work with your schedule.
1504 College WayLexingtonLexington, KY 40502
- Patient Care
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Whatever the volunteer has time for. The average volunteer drives 2 times per month. The volunteer is welcome to volunteer more or less than that dependent on the need.