16 people are interested
Volunteering at Bonnie Hays is a fun and rewarding experience, and we'd love to have you join our team!
At Bonnie Hays, we provide a safe and compassionate environment to the animals that come through our doors, thanks in part to our team of dedicated volunteers.
The following volunteer opportunities are available:
- Shelter assistant volunteers help the shelter operate smoothly by washing dishes and doing laundry.
- Dog volunteers clean kennels and provide training and enrichment to adoptable dogs.
- Cat volunteers clean litter boxes and provide training and enrichment to adoptable cats.
We ask volunteers to be 16 years of age or older and commit to at least one two-hour shift every week for a minimum of six months.
Steps to volunteering:
- Click here to submit an interest form.
- Once an interest form is submitted, you will be invited to attend our next Information Session.
- Attend an Information Session (held quarterly)
- At the Information Session you will learn more about Bonnie Hays, find out what opportunities are currently available, and which shifts you can choose from.
- If you are unable to attend the next Information Session we will invite you to the next one after that
- Meet with the volunteer coordinator.
- Orientation and training with staff and volunteer mentors.
About Bonnie L. Hays Small Animal Shelter
1901 SE 24th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97123, US
Serve and protect people and animals of Washington County by (1) educating our residents; (2) promoting humane treatment of animals; (3) enforcing animal laws; (4) providing shelter and care for lost and homeless dogs and cats; (5) respecting the needs of our customers.
The Bonnie L. Hays Small Animal Shelter cares for about 4000 pets each year. The Shelter is a haven for homeless, unwanted, abandoned and abused companion pets. Our organization promotes humane treatment of animals, operates a pet adoption center, coordinates pet lost and found services, enforces local and state animal laws, educates the public about responsible animal care and facilitates a pet assisted therapy. We serve an estimated 150,000 pets and their owners in a geographic area of 727 square miles and a human population of over 500,000.
We'll work with your schedule.
1901 SE 24th AveHillsboro, ORHillsboro, OR, OR 97123
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- one two hour shift a week for a minimum of six months.