Office Assistant Volunteer Opportunity
SAN DIEGO REGIONAL EAST COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Volunteer Office Assistant
Volunteer Reports to: President & CEO
Summary: The Office Assistant will perform a variety of tasks depending on project deadlines in the San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce office. This will include answering phones and other administrative tasks as assigned by the President & CEO. This position helps to extend the resources in the San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce to better assist and direct the needs of our clients and community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering phones
- Data entry
- Maintenance of office space
- Other duties specifically around coordination of special events, or as assigned
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of the San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce members, staff, volunteers, partners, and donors
- Computer skills are desired, but not required
Training & Supervision
- Attends general volunteer orientation
- Completes office orientation which includes training on the following items:
- Phone System Tutorial
- Database Tutorial
- Filing System
- Training and supervision conducted by the President & CEO and or designated staff
- All volunteers complete a 60 day evaluation
- Minimum one day per week for 4 hours
- One day per month for 2 hours:
- volunteer/staff team meeting
- Knowledge that you are working as a team to ensure that office functions run smoothly.
- Work experience
- Helping the East County Community
- Free parking if needed.
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for being part of our team!
Contact: San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce at 619-440-6161 / firstname.lastname@example.org
About SAN DIEGO REGIONAL EAST COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
201 S. MAGNOLIA AVE, EL CAJON, CA 92020, US
The San Diego Regional East County Chamber of Commerce is the respected voice of and advocate for improving business opportunities, public policy and business relationships throughout San Diego County
The Chamber service areas include all of San Diego East County and also serves as the Community Chamber for El Cajon, Lemon Grove, Rancho San Diego, and Jamul. We have strong working relationships with Chambers in Spring Valley, Santee, La Mesa, Lakeside, Julian, Borrego Springs, Ramona, Poway, Alpine, and Mountain Empire.