Volunteers needed to host foreign exchange students
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
289 people are interested
Ayusa is seeking volunteers nationwide to help support our exchange students in the following ways:
- Host Families welcome 1 or 2 exchange students into their homes for a semester or school year.
- Temporary Host Families welcome students for 8 - 12 weeks at the beginning of the school year.
- Emergency Host Families open their homes for up to two weeks in the case of an emergency.
- Community Promoters get the word out about cultural exchange and the rewards of hosting.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
600 California St. 10th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94108, US
Ayusa is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting global understanding and leadership. It is our belief that cultural exchange offers a uniquely rich personal experience for our students, volunteer families, host high schools and local communities around the world. For over 30 years Ayusa has promoted world peace through intercultural learning and friendship. Ayusa is designated by the U.S. Department of State as an Exchange Visitor Program Sponsor, enabling all Ayusa participants to travel on J-1 visas. We are also a founding member of the Council for Standards for International Education Travel (CSIET), a worldwide council that defines best practices in international education.
Ayusa is headquartered in San Francisco, California with a largely volunteer force of Representatives, Host Families and local community members all over the U.S.
Volunteer host families are the cornerstone of the Ayusa program. They invite an international high school student to live in their home and experience life in America with their family. They offer a high school student the opportunity to study in an American high school, experience a new culture, build lifelong friendships and develop language and leadership skills that will serve them throughout their lives.
Hosting a foreign exchange student is a rewarding and life enriching experience for American families for a variety of reasons:
- Introducing your family to a new culture and language
- Grow closer as a family as you help an international student experience a new community
- Experience the joys of having a new family member to love
- Practice hospitality and generosity with your own family
- Support diversity and cross-cultural understanding in your own home
- Increase cultural awareness within your community
- Create an international friendship that lasts a lifetime
Nationwidewww.ayusa.orgSan Francisco, CA 94108
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Ayusa volunteer opportunities have a range of time commitments: • Full time hosting is a 5 or 10 month undertaking. • Temporary hosting is a 8 to 12 weeks commitment • Emergency hosting is a 2 to 14 day commitment • Community Promotion is 2 to