Help Lead our Cooking as a Second Language Program
8 people are interested
HI Boston is looking for volunteers to help prepare a meal, promote cross-cultural understanding, and facilitate interaction between local students and world travelers with the hostel's Cultural Kitchen program!
Hostelling International USA (HI USA) is a nonprofit, member organization founded on an enduring belief in the power of travel to foster a deeper understanding of people, places, and the world around. HI USA promotes a dynamic community of global citizens who have the wisdom and humanity to actively make the world a better place.
Dinners occur during the evening on weekdays, and volunteers are asked to come before dinnertime to begin cooking (around 3 p.m.).
Cooking expertise is not a requirement for this volunteer position but an interest in cooking and comfort in the kitchen is preferred! You should be motivated to interact positively with community members, share your travel and life stories with them, and help guide them in cooking a delicious meal.
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Work to increase understanding and acceptance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Help travelers to the community have a great travel experience
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages, and intercultural communication
- Participate in appreciation events for local volunteers
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
We'll work with your schedule.
19 Stuart StreetBoston, MA 02116
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Training provided.