ACT-W Seattle Conference Manager
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
ACT-W (Advancing Career of Technical Women) conferences run on the energy of our volunteers who care about empowering women in technology. The ACT-W Seattle Conference is an annual two-day action-packed event where talented women can build skills, grow their community, and accelerate their career path by connecting with companies that truly fit them best. The conference includes speaking sessions, hands-on workshops, one-on-one coaching sessions, and more.
As the ACT-W Seattle Conference Manager, you will be a vital part of the conference and lead the Conference Committee in creating a welcoming and outstanding conference experience for about 300 - 400 participants from Seattle. Together you and your team cover the conference-planning gamut: sponsorship outreach, conference and speaker schedule development, event management, food and beverage planning, on-site logistics, marketing, and more!
This position is ideal for someone who has some event/conference planning experience, loves both project management and empowering women, and wants to lead an amazing team to create an impactful experience. You will gain access to the ChickTech community and receive coaching from the HQ ACT-W Conference Manager while building your leadership skills in a supportive environment.
With ACT-W’s brand behind you, you’ll be known in your community for making a difference in the tech world!
- Planning and event management, project management
- Serve as a spokesperson for ChickTech’s mission, vision, and community
- Grow and coordinate a local Conference Committee
- In partnership with the National ACT-W Conference Manager, Seattle chapter leadership, and your Conference Committee team:
- Ensure venue and dates are chosen in advance and work well for ACT-W
- Work with Chapter leadership on budget
- Help set timelines, deadlines and milestones related to the event
- Ensure marketing materials, including website, social media, and event site, are accurate and up to date
- Create plan and set roles for the year
- Manage local relationships with vendors, sponsors, and partners
- Build marketing and speaker plan that includes inclusion of all community members (underrepresented community members and people of all genders, including men)
- Ensure a positive, smooth, impactful, and inclusive local conference
- Build strong partnerships with mission aligned organizations and events
- Review/craft contracts with vendors and sponsors as needed
This is a volunteer position - (Approximate hours a week commitment will vary as the event goes through various stages of progress. Approx. 5-10+ hours/week)
- Bi-Weekly Planning Committee Meetings / Weekly Planning Committee Meetings closer to event
- Meetings with other committee members ad hoc
- Agenda management for meetings
- Project Management of key event tasks - monitor and report on progress and flag any potential delays and risks
- Work with HQ ACT-W Conference Manager on strategy and documentation/archives
- Recruit with the help of Chapter Leads and HQ ACT-W Conference Manager key committee support roles (outlined below).
TBDSeattle, WA 98101
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Approximate hours a week commitment will vary as the event goes through various stages of progress. Approx. 5-10+ hours/week