Special Olympics NC - Basketball Volunteer Recruiter - Wayne County
Do you have connections to the basketball community in your county? Would you like to play an important role in ensuring a high-quality basketball program for Special Olympics athletes?
Special Olympics North Carolina is looking for a motivated volunteer to serve as the Basketball Volunteer Recruiter of Wayne county for the Basketball Sport Development Team. This volunteer will have strong networking skills for recruiting volunteers to help evaluate Special Olympic basketball players and teams for competition. We need a volunteer with strong connections to the local basketball community or someone who is willing to develop those relationships. Training is provided by the Special Olympics NC Sport Department.
- Make connections within the lcoal community to develop relationships with individuals with basketball expertise.
- Schedule and conduct interest meetings for potential volunteers.
- Evaluate personality, background, and passions of potential volunteers in the context of the Sport Development Team's needs.
- Recruit individuals for specific roles as needed.
- Communicate regularly with the Sport Development Team Director to develop plans to meet their needs.
SONC Wayne CountyGoldsboro, NC 27532
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- hours per week varies based on needs
- minimum one year committment to position