Office Angel: Social Media for Good
3 people are interested
Family Promise of Orange County is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping end family homelessness in Orange County. Our programs serve primarily, families with children under 18 years old and rely almost entirely on our network of volunteers to get the work done.
Our Mission: help families experiencing homelessness achieve housing stability, through its housing programs, meals, case management, and hospitality.
How you can help: Flex your selfie muscles and help us spread our message.
- Social Media is a powerful tool for nonprofits
- Educate our community members about our cause
- Create awareness about family homelessness
- Share stories of success
- Be a resource for families seeking help
- Alert our community of upcoming events
- Recruit additional volunteers
- Encourage giving
Responsibilities: Assist Communications & Programs Manager with social media related duties.
- Take pictures of our beautiful families
- Pitch ideas for posts for social media accounts
- Create posts for social media accounts
- Post updates about past events, family success stories, upcoming events, and more
- Engage the community with fun/shareable hashtags
- Generate followers for social media handles
Benefits: Practical work experience with a cause.
- Fulfill volunteer hours for school or your organization
- Fulfill academic internship requirements for your major
- Gain public relations and marketing experience
- Opportunity to work in other areas of interest including graphic design, press releases, grant writing, event planning, program scheduling, and more!
- Help homeless families achieve financial independence using Social Media for Good
- Cyndee Albertson, Director of Family Promise of Orange County: albertson@familypromiseoc,org
- Samantha Huynh, Communications & Programs Manager: Samantha@familypromiseoc.org
We'll work with your schedule.
310 W. BroadwayAnaheim, CA 92805
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- There is no specific time commitment. We will accommodate your schedule with school, work, and other obligations.