Office Angel: Social Media for Good
16 people are interested
Family Promise of Orange County is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping end family homelessness in Orange County. Our programs serve primarily, families with children under 18 years old and rely almost entirely on our network of volunteers to get the work done.
Our Mission: help families experiencing homelessness achieve housing stability, through its housing programs, meals, case management, and hospitality.
How you can help: Flex your selfie muscles and help us spread our message.
- Social Media is a powerful tool for nonprofits
- Educate our community members about our cause
- Create awareness about family homelessness
- Share stories of success
- Be a resource for families seeking help
- Alert our community of upcoming events
- Recruit additional volunteers
- Encourage giving
Responsibilities: Assist Communications & Programs Manager with social media related duties.
- Take pictures of our beautiful families
- Pitch ideas for posts for social media accounts
- Create posts for social media accounts
- Post updates about past events, family success stories, upcoming events, and more
- Engage the community with fun/shareable hashtags
- Generate followers for social media handles
Benefits: Practical work experience with a cause.
- Fulfill volunteer hours for school or your organization
- Fulfill academic internship requirements for your major
- Gain public relations and marketing experience
- Opportunity to work in other areas of interest including graphic design, press releases, grant writing, event planning, program scheduling, and more!
- Help homeless families achieve financial independence using Social Media for Good
- Cyndee Albertson, Executive Director of Family Promise of Orange County: email@example.com
- Samantha Huynh, Communications & Programs Manager: Samantha@familypromiseoc.org
About Family Promise of Orange County
310 W. Broadway, #205, Anaheim, CA 92805, US
Our Mission: The mission of Family Promise of Orange County is to help families experiencing homelessness achieve housing stability by providing emergency and short-term shelter, meals, case-management and hospitality. Our Vision: We believe that no child should have to sleep in a car, in a park, or under a bridge, and that every family deserves a chance to be whole and have a roof over their head again.
Family Promise of Orange County began serving families on February 5, 2012 and added its first transitional house in 2013. Since then, FPOC has assisted over 230 families. In 2017 FPOC supported 24 families, that number soared 217% to 52 in 2018!
FPOC is an affiliate of Family Promise, a national organization that started New Jersey by Karen Olson over 30 years ago. Family Promise’s Emergency Shelter program was originally known as the Interfaith Hospitality Network. The organization now has over 200 affiliates in 44 states.
Emergency Shelter Program: A unique and cost-effective housing option, where stay as overnight guests at local faith- based congregations. The congregations provide a safe place to sleep and meals as they host for a week. On Sunday, the families rotate to a new congregation. While In this program, adults are assisted in finding full-time employment and establishing a viable housing plan.Short-term Transitional Housing Program: A six-month housing program for families who have full- time employment but need additional time to transition to stable housing. While in this program, families are required to build their savings, pay down debt and focus on improving their credit rating.
We'll work with your schedule.
310 W. BroadwayAnaheim, CA 92805
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- There is no specific time commitment. We will accommodate your schedule with school, work, and other obligations.