Special Olympics NC - Basketball Volunteer Recruiter - Guilford County/High Point area
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Do you have connections to the basketball community in your county? Would you like to play an important role in ensuring a high-quality basketball program for Special Olympics athletes?
Special Olympics North Carolina is looking for a motivated volunteer to serve as the Basketball Volunteer Recruiter of Guilford County/High Point area for the Basketball Sport Development Team. This volunteer will have strong networking skills for recruiting volunteers to help evaluate Special Olympic basketball players and teams for competition. We need a volunteer with strong connections to the local basketball community or someone who is willing to develop those relationships. Training is provided by the Special Olympics NC Sport Department.
- Make connections within the lcoal community to develop relationships with individuals with basketball expertise.
- Schedule and conduct interest meetings for potential volunteers.
- Evaluate personality, background, and passions of potential volunteers in the context of the Sport Development Team's needs.
- Recruit individuals for specific roles as needed.
- Communicate regularly with the Sport Development Team Director to develop plans to meet their needs.
About Special Olympics North Carolina
2200 Gateway Centre Boulevard, Suite 201, Morrisville, NC 27650, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year-round athletic training and sports competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy, and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families and other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
Volunteer-driven, non-profit organization
SONC Guilford CountyHigh Point, NC 27260
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- hours per week varies based on needs
- minimum one year committment to position