Marketing and Communications Chairperson
JOSIES HOUSE OF HELP
JOSIE'S HOUSE OF HELP BOARD RECRUITMENT:
JOB TITLE: Marketing and Communications Chairperson
PURPOSE: On a year round basis, develop and implement activities, materials, and media opportunities, which will increase community awareness of Josie’s House of Help, Inc.
* Recruit, screen and train members of the Marketing and Communications Committee and all volunteers associated with this committee.
* Conduct efficient and effective Marketing and Communications Committee meetings.
* Ensure that the JHH brand is represented correctly through proper messaging and visual representation (social media- Facebook, Instagram, Website, etc.).
* Attend and fully participate in committee meetings (face to face or by phone).
* Ensure annual Marketing and Communications strategy and plan is developed and implemented.
* Forward the Marketing and Communications budget onto Executive Director for approval.
* Ensure the recommended duties of the Marketing and Communications Committee are delegated to its members.
* Ensure promotional activities are in place for local programs (academic, arts, and sports) year round.
* Utilize any marketing and communications materials, whenever appropriate.
* Oversee all aspects of media relations for Josie’s House of Help, Inc Programs and events with Executive Director and organization,
* Evaluate Marketing and Communications plans, goals and objectives annually.
* Utilize the internet to share the Josie’s House of Help mission and vision with community.
* Evaluate committee members’ service annually to determine if continued membership is recommended and increased responsibility should be given or if they should be removed from the committee or reassigned to another position.
* Recognize and thank committee members.
* Help organization with fundraising initiative.
QUALIFICATIONS: The volunteer should:
1. Have experience in Marketing and Communications (i.e., radio, TV, journalism, etc.) and have media contacts in the community.
2. Have good oral and written communication skills.
3. Be able to delegate responsibilities to committee members and volunteers.
4. Have experience and be prepared to be interviewed on radio, TV programs and by reporters, etc. Serve as a spokesperson alongside of the Executive Director for anything media related to Josie’s House of Help, Inc.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About JOSIES HOUSE OF HELP
5764 N ORANGE BLOSSOM TRAIL STE183, ORLANDO, FL 32810, US
To enrich the lives of those in need, provide assistance to the elderly, and contribute to the overall betterment of the communities we serve.
Quarterly Events: Josie’s House of Help partners with other organizations to feed the homeless in the local surrounding communities in the Orlando area.
- Senior Thanksgiving Basket of Love Giveaway
- Senior Christmas Turkey Giveaway
- Back to School Supply Giveaway
Throughout the year Josie’s House of Help conducts various educational workshops on subjects that include health & wellness, finances, self-help, etc.
Vocational Rehabilitation Partnership:
Areas of consideration for this program include:
- Individuals with disabilities
- Summer Job Readiness Training (40-hour course) for ages 14 to 21 years old.
- Peer Mentorship
- Year-round Job Readiness training