5 people are interested
Senior Wordpress Website Developer/ Specialist - Digital Development
5 people are interested
We are seeking to find someone who can volunteer proficiently the Wordpress website administration and customization of a website. We have an existing site but it needs maintenance, updates and some new additions. You will participate in all phases of systems architecture, development, deployment, configuration, logging, and monitoring including performance and availability, alerting and security. If you have 5+ years of professional full stack development of all aspects of WordPress Development , we’d like to talk to you.
- Visual and Wireframe Design Interpretation and Integration
- Responsive Theme and Child Theme Development
- Plugin Customization
- Creation of Custom Post Types
- Short Code Integration
- API Integration
- Write light, clean, logical, re-usable and well-commented code
- Provide guidance on SEO best practices for site development
- Research and recommend new technologies and tools for effective integration across various platforms
- Create Documentation for Operational Use
- Maintain effective communications with team members
- Provide status updates and reporting while meeting project deadlines and milestones.
- Inform Project Manager of technical issues, project barriers and resolutions.
- Create and maintain system procedural and technical documentation
- Communicate key insights and findings to team
- Work as part of a team, aligning on project roadmap, goals and program success factors
- Four (4)+ years actively developing custom themes for WordPress
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related technology certification.
- Experience with Git, SQL, JSON and Web Services is a plus
- Mastery developing WordPress Themes and Child Themes
- Strong troubleshooting skills when plug-in conflicts occur
- Ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from front-end
- Experience securing WordPress installs and user accounts
- Understand APIs and their integration into WordPress
- Work well in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-Starter, with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Able to work under tight deadlines with shifting priorities
- Demonstrated competence and success in prior assignments and professional integrity
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks is a plus
- Ability to commit volunteering to 7+ hour work weeks
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience with mobile platforms.
- Experience creating multi-lingual websites
- Knowledge of WordPress Network (Multisite)
- Knowledge of Slack, Trello and Google drive .
About Haiti Now (Ayiti Now Corp)
1300 Washington Ave., #662, Miami Beach, FL 33119, US
Haiti-Now is dedicated to empowering Haitian girls living in domestic servitude to overcome poverty and exploitation to achieve economic security. Ayiti Now Corp is a 501(c)(3) organization. (Ayiti = Haiti in Creole) After completing onboarding, regardless of the role and team you are joining, your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.
To see girls in domestic servitude overcome extreme poverty, heal emotional trauma, and live rewarding lives.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 17, 2021