Do you live in or near Granite Falls?
If you live in or near Granite Falls you can volunteer for the Granite Falls Community Coalition Food Bank. They have an immediate need for drivers, ride-alongs, unloaders, shuttle service drivers and shuttle service companions. These are all separate jobs!
Let me explain;
- Drivers are needed to pick up food from various donors in the area. You drive the food bank box truck so you a good driving record is a must-have.
- This job schedule is Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00am to 12-1pm, depending on traffic and so on. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ride Along is a volunteer who goes with the driver (same days and times as the driver) and loads boxes into the truck and unloads them back at the food bank. Also must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Unloader is a volunteer working at the food bank (same days and times as above) taking boxed of donated food off the truck. Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Shuttle Service pick up and drop off drivers are also wanted. You drive the food bank van (good driving record is a must), to pick up the client, bring them to the food bank and take them home after they have gotten their food. Also helps clients unload and move food into their home.
- Shuttle Service Driver Companion goes with the driver and helps the clients get their groceries out of the van and into their home.
- The schedule for Client Pick Up and Driver Companion are 1st and 3rd Fridays from 2:00 to about 6:30/7:00pm and 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from 9:00am to around noon.
Please contact me if you are interested.
This job is posted by RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program), helping people over age 55 find meaningful volunteer jobs in the community.
About RSVP of Snohomish County
1918 Everett Ave, Everett, WA 98201, US
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Snohomish County matches skills/training and preferences of persons 55+ to available volunteer opportunities and promotes their voluntary service as a valuable community resource.
RSVP matches personal interests, skills and lifelong experiences with non-profit public organizations at over 116 different partner agencies, including non-profits, throughout the county. Benefits of being an RSVP volunteer are: ~excess insurance coverage including Liability, Auto, and Accident. ~partial reimbursement for transporatation costs to and from volunteer stations, subject to certain regulations and limits. ~ongoing recognition and Annual Recognition Event to RSVP volunteers. The only agency tracking and reporting the volunteer activities of persons age 55 and older through the National Senior Corps, RSVP promotes retired and senior persons as viable members of the community, able to share their skills, time and experience through volunteer service.
We'll work with your schedule.
1918 Everett AvenueEverett, WA 98201
- Bus/Van Driving
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 3 to 4 hours per day. You are not required to fill all shifts in order to volunteer.
- Good driving record, ability to work with people of various backgrounds, team player, react well to changing priorities.