Probono Volunteer Coordinator
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
We are currently seeking an experienced probono Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and manage volunteers. You will be responsible for growing local pockets of volunteers to support ARM events.
ARM operates several major volunteer and outreach initiatives throughout the year including:
- Free Haircut Programs
- Care Packing Events
- Health Screening Days
- Community Supported Dinners
- Community Art Therapy
The ideal candidate will be in the central/north NJ area, willing to donate their skills for approximately 10-15 hours a week . This is a volunteer role perfect for individuals looking to give back with their skills, make an impact in their community, and build up relevant experience with a growing cause.
We are excited to have a partner who lives for team leadership, is extremely social and collaborative, and interested in making friends all over New Jersey as you make a positive change for the least served among us. You should know how to distinguish talent and do everything possible to motivate and inspire. You must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
The Event Coordinator will work directly with the Co-Directors and other team members to execute on growing our mission and increasing our impact.About the Organization
Archangel Raphael’s Mission (ARM) is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) charity whose mission is to bring health and hygiene services to individuals who do not have access regularly to these services. Mobility means a lot to us, both in the sense of someones lifetime mobility (their capacity to change their lot in life) and the need to make these services extremely mobile and accessible. At ARM, we value dignity, health, and mobility.
Currently, we run several haircut programs, dinner programs, and are launching the first Mobile Unit to provide health and human services to those in need at the time they need. The Mobile Assistance Unit (MAU) is a trailer designed to house several human services functionalities including: health screenings, social work consults, hygiene and clothing resources, and more. The MAU is our first major investment in impacting those in need at scale, as such you will be playing a vital role in ensuring that the MAU, and future human services continue to be successful and impactful.Volunteer Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit volunteers through various techniques (meetups, community events, databases, e-mail, social media etc.)
- Review candidate profiles and produce schedules for everyday activities
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for large-scale actions
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- Previous volunteer event planning experience.
- Previous volunteer management experience.
We'll work with your schedule.
Easton AvenueNew Brunswick, NJ 08901
- Program Management
- Event Planning / Management
- People 55+
- Approximately 10-15 Hours per week