Florida Guardians ad Litem are child advocates for abused, abandoned and neglected child victims in court, the community, and the child welfare system--supported by staff.
In Lee County, about half of children needing a voice are waiting!
Flexibility in volunteering on your own schedule, attracts many busy people, who can
- Visit a child once monthly--on your own schedule!
- Attend court 3-4 times annually-dates known 3-6 months in advance and rarely change
- Monitoring services on behalf of the child and advocate when necessary
- Spend 8-10 hours monthly on their own time on their case--everyone begins with one case to see how it works into their personal schedule
- Use common sense and good judgment
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hr.s monthly--own schedule
- Florida resident