Veterans Affairs Volunteer Services Program Volunteer - Detroit Transportation
- Provide U.S. Military veterans "door-to-door" rides to the Ann Arbor VA Medical Center for their medical appointments.
- Work in conjunction with the Disabled American Veterans(DAV) transportation office.
- Operate multi-passenger vans as assigned.
- Maintain accurate and complete trip reports.
- Direct contact with veterans and their families.
- Willingness to help veterans identify resources to support their needs.
- Attend meetings and trainings.
About American Red Cross: Michigan Region
1800 E. Grand River Avenue, Lansing, MI 48912, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
7800 Outer Drive WestDetroit, MI 48235
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, with scheduled commitment.
- At least 6 months.