1 person is interested
Emergency Room Volunteers Needed
1 person is interested
Purpose: To extend the services of paid personnel and enhance the patient experient. To provide guidelines for the use of volunteers in meeting the needs of ED patients and their families and visitors.
Responsible to: Emergency Department Unit Director or ED Educator (Stephanie Mallette)Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Check on pillows, wheelchairs, and linens as soon as you arrive in the Emergency Department. An adequate supply should be in the area at all times. Place blankets in the blanket warmers. Folding and supplying linens to ALL areas in the Emergency Department is very important.
- Change linens on carts and place soiled linen in laundry bags for emptying in chute. Wipe carts and pillows with bleach wipes in the rooms. Rubber gloves should be worn when doing these chores. Empty full linen bags into laundry chute.
- Assist in the discharge process by escorting patients to the lobby area.
- When taking priority specimens to the Lab, be certain that the proper person is advised that there is a priority for the Emergency Department.
- Stocking of patient nourishment refrigerators as indicated. Do not give patients water, food, or permit them to smoke without permission of a nurse.
- Offer magazines to patients in wheelchairs and coffee to families in lobby.
- Make various packets of materials such as stroke packs.
- 08:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- 12:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Aultman Hospital
2600 6th St. SW, Canton, OH 44710, US
Leading our community to improved health! Values •Recognize and respect the unique talents of every Aultman team member •Exceed patient, enrollee and student expectations •Success through teamwork •Promote a highly reliable organization •Educate our community •Cost-effective management of resources •Trust, integrity and compassion in all relationships
Aultman Health Foundation will be the leading health system in designing products and services for the communities we serve.
- Delivering the highest quality.
- Achieving service excellence.
- Offering a competitive price.
- Innovating toward disease prevention and wellness.
2600 6th St. SWCanton, OH 44710
September 23, 2021
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training