Community Health Coordinator (AmeriCorps)
Full Life Care is currently seeking 5 compassionate individuals to join our AmeriCorps team!
Our program hosts AmeriCorps members each year starting in September for a 10.5 month long service term. Full Life Care’s AmeriCorps members serve at Full Life Care locations and at our community partners in the city of Seattle and the surrounding Puget Sound region. Our members spend the majority of their time at their placement site and become valuable members at their organization. We come together approximately once a month for trainings, service projects, social outings, and other events. Our team is a State/National funded program, supported by Washington Service Corps. All positions are contingent upon funding.
This is a great opportunity for recent graduates to serve full time in a health-focused non-profit setting, working directly with the community and gaining valuable professional experience.
All of our positions are full-time 40 hours a week with a typical Monday through Friday 9-5 schedule.
Program Dates: September 3, 2019 - July 15, 2019
Our AmeriCorps team addresses a constellation of challenges associated with social isolation by facilitating activities that engage adults in effective, evidence based programs that promote health, wellness, and independence through increased physical activity and social connection. We place our team members in positions throughout a network of services for older adults and adults with disabilities.
Here's just a snapshot of what our AmeriCorps members do:
- Facilitating chronic disease education classes for isolated older adults with health conditions.
- Teaching Tai Ji Quan and other activity classes to older adults in low-income senior housing communities.
- Leading art and social activities for adults with disabilities & mental health conditions.
- Coordinating volunteers and fostering community through programs in a Seattle senior center.
- Monthly living stipend of $1,450 pre-tax
- Education award of $6,095 upon completion of 1700 service hours & 10.5 month long term
- Health insurance up to date with all requirements of the Affordable Care Act
- Loan Deferment/Forbearance on qualified federal student loans & payment of interest accrued during service
- Subsidized childcare provided by GAP solutions inc. if qualified
- Professional work experience at a health-focused non-profit
- In-service orientation, trainings, and team activities
- ORCA LIFT transit but pass
- Washington State Basic Food program (Most members qualify for this assistance program.)
- Ability to honor a 10.5 month long full time service commitment
- Must be a U.S. citizen, national, permanent resident
- Willingness to serve in a flexible service environment and take on new experiences and challenges
- A commitment to serving others, volunteer experience highly encouraged
- Experience/motivation to work with older adults, people with disabilities, and diverse populations
- Ability to lift 25 lbs or more
- College education
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to pass Washington state, state of residence, national sex offender, and FBI background checks
Check out more information on https://www.fulllifecare.org/americorps-team/
Please Note: AmeriCorps positions are contingent upon federal funding.
800 Jefferson Street, Suite 620Seattle, WA 98104
- Mental Health
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- This is a 10.5 month long AmeriCorps opportunity that is full time 40 hours a week typical 9-5 Monday through Friday schedule.
- If interested in applying, please email AmeriCorps@fulllifecare.org with a resume and cover letter indicating your interest.