International Services: Restoring Family Links Caseworker - Detroit
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
The Restoring Family Links program serves clients who have been separated from family members internationally due to armed conflict, migration, disasters, or other humanitarian emergencies. This is a casework-based position working with clients in Michigan.
Casework can include delivery of Red Cross messages, responding to tracing inquiries, providing information and referral services, and community outreach.
Arabic speaking skills a plus
- Client interaction within casework duties, to include but not limited to the following: conducting home visits and searches within communities to locate separated family members, conduct interviews with clients to obtain information and initiate new cases, delivery of difficult news, and responsively following up with clients on open cases.
- Working with clients to fill out necessary paperwork, while building rapport, communicating effectively, and displaying empathy.
- Research and data management by maintaining case files for all RFL cases through the RFL databases.
- Provide information and referral services to RFL clients.
- Ability to work independently with diverse populations, in a culturally competent manner and to embody Red Cross fundamental principles including impartiality and neutrality
- Excellent communication skills
- Completion of Restoring Family Links training requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and database, coupled with excellent research skills, internet navigation and use of social media tools
- Demonstrate commitment and understanding of the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross International network
- Arabic language speaking skills a plus
- Orientation to the American Red Cross and International Services
- Restoring Family Links training modules in EDGE Learning Management System (required)
- Restoring Family Links classroom course (required)
- On-the-job training and shadowing of an experienced RFL caseworker (highly recommended)
- Case Management System training (required)
We'll work with your schedule.
7800 Outer Drive WestDetroit, MI 48235
- Data Entry
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Variable based on current caseload. Work time is flexible and can be done remotely.