Events Assistant Volunteer
13 people are interested
The events assistant volunteer will assist the Volunteer Coordinator with the administrative and service support at assigned events. They will assist with ensuring that members of the community or those attending the event feel comfortable, supported and cared for.
- Assist with setting up room, décor, or equipment
- Assist with administrative and clerical needs
- Assist with registration & ID Checks (if needed)
- Assist with tours (as needed)
- Assist with clean-up & tear down
- Assist in managing volunteers for volunteer driven events
About San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission
8756 Canby Ave., Northridge, CA 91325, US
With the support of our community, we offer: Refuge, Recovery and Restoration.
Our programs have been designed to provide homeless men, women, children and families an opportunity, not only to obtain food, shelter and basic life necessities, but also provides a foundation for individual and family restoration by developing a personalized plan based on their needs for achieving personal growth, employment, housing.
Currently, the San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission provides a variety of programs serving thousands of men, women, children and families including:
* Hearty meals and hot showers to over 500 individuals at four locations each week.
* Two Super Thrift stores that not only help fund the missions activities, but provide an economical alternative for clothing and household items for individuals and families
* An emergency family shelter that provides families up to 90 days of warm and safe overnight shelter, a place to shower, and at least two meals per day.
These programs, coupled with individualized outreach and case management, offer individuals and family’s physical and emotional support, as well as the needed resources and training to help better their position in life.
We'll work with your schedule.
8756 Canby AveNorthridgeNorthridge, CA 91325
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Once per month Saturday 12pm-2:30pm; Varies during holiday season