Victim Services Volunteer Victim Advocate Academy
6 people are interested
The majority of cases handled by the Victim Services Unit are cases involving Intimate Partner Violence. In order to respond to the high volume we employ a system utilizing both Staff and Volunteer Victim Advocates. Volunteer Victim Advocates play a vital role in ensuring that no victim in need of services is overlooked.
- Provide safety planning and advocacy
- Maintain a case load and case management
- Complete follow-up calls for service referrals
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
455 E. Second St.Reno, NV 89502
- Case Work / Management
- Law Enforcement
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 40 hour training academy; 2 hour monthly meeting; 1-5hrs monthly providing advocacy
- Background in social work, criminal justice, psychology, advocacy, etc. is preferred.