Data Entry & Outreach Coordinator (Mexico)
Our Data Entry & Outreach Coordinators play a pivotal part in building the first and only resource website and mobile app for LGBTQ+ asylum seekers. Our Data Entry & Outreach Coordinators (Mexico) will work to maintain and efficiently grow our Mexico resource catalog. In this role, you will focus on verifying new organizations in Mexico for inclusion in our resource app and help to ensure our app’s data remains up-to-date. This is an exciting opportunity to improve your research and outreach skills. We’re looking for meticulous, hard-working individuals who are passionate about LGBTQ+ rights and immigration.
- Report to our Resource Coordinator and Senior Director of Data Management.
- Call and email organizations in Mexico to verify their fit for the resource catalog.
- Use our backend dashboard to add new verified resources in Mexico to our live catalog (as needed).
- Additional ad hoc data management and outreach tasks (as needed).
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- The flexibility to call organizations in Mexico during local business hours.
- The ability to follow instructions and work independently in a remote environment.
- You are reliable, meticulous and appreciate the value of deadlines.
- Willingness to learn in-depth about the AsylumConnect catalog and our tailored resource verification process.
- Previous experience in the social services sector is a plus.
Schedule & Compensation: 5-10 hours per week. This is an unpaid remote/virtual volunteer position.
- Gain hands-on experience working with an international NGO and directly communicating with service providers on the ground.
- Connect to professionals in NGOs across North America.
- Enhance your understanding of the social services sector.
- Gain practical experience in the migration and human rights sector.
- Leverage your Spanish language skills for social good.
: Fill out our online application at the following link:
40 Rector St, 9th Fl, New York, NY 10006, US
Connect LGBTQ+ people with safety.
Tech nonprofit AsylumConnect has built the first and only digital resource platform for the tens of thousands of LGBTQ+ asylum seekers fleeing their homes for safer ground each year. When AsylumConnect reaches scale, all persecuted and marginalized LGBTQ+ people will have access to critical verified support.
It is still illegal to be gay in 70 countries. Every year, thousands of LGBTQ+ people leave everything behind to seek asylum in the U.S.
Launched in 2016, the "AsylumConnect Catalog" is the first ever resource website and mobile app for LGBTQ+ asylum. LGBTQ+ asylum seekers and other LGBTQ+ people in need (such as homeless or isolated LGBTQ+ youth) use the AsylumConnect Catalog as a free digital one-stop-shop to meet their critical needs, including: accessing verified free/low-cost LGBTQ-affirming medical and mental health services. Lawyers and others also use the free app to easily find medical and social service referrals for clients.
Learn more: https://asylumconnect.org/