Board of Directors - Parent or Teacher
1 person is interested
DreamCatchers New Hampshire (DCNH) is searching for a Board member to help with their strategic needs. This is a really fun group and a fun cause because we are here to make friends, have fun and build community!
Our mission is to provide opportunities for young people living with a disability to catch their dreams of being part of a community and making friends.
We do this by organizing social clubs that foster friendship and engage in the community around our members.
A world where everyone embraces those who have different needs.
This Board Member is responsible for supporting the Board of Directors and Executive Director in strategic development of this organization. This is an exciting time in the organization and the incumbent will have lots of opportunity to be creative and use their parenting or teaching experience to support this important cause.
The Parent/Teacher member is generally elected at the annual meeting of the organization to hold office for a two-year term, or until a successor is elected and qualified, and is eligible for re-election for one additional consecutive two-year term.
- Experience in as a parent or teacher of individual(s) living with a disability
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Team mindset and good understanding of local school(s)
- Highly collaborative in approach
- Advises on parent/school needs as requested or needed
- Works with the Executive Director to advise on programs and program requirements
- May research different subjects online as needed
- Willing to make calls to schools if needed to set up appointments with principles, teachers, or other community organizations
- May lead or participate on a parent or teacher committee
General Board Responsibilities:
- Two year term commitment
- Attend scheduled board meetings (8 per year)
- Actively participate in board/staff/committee specific communications between monthly meetings, while exceeding expected requirements for each meeting
- Proactively and consistently evangelize, promote, & support the growth of DreamCatchers NH
Average time commitment:
The board of directors meets about 8 times over the year and is required to attend the Annual Fundraising Event in April. The average time required may be 2-6hrs a month.
Join this amazing group of individuals with big hearts to see the lives of those living with a disability, embraced by their communities.
Service on DreamCatchers New Hampshire’s board of directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to board members’ duties.
About DREAMCATCHERS NEW HAMPSHIRE
1087 Elm Street, Suite 257, Manchester, NH 03101, US
To provide an accepting environment for young people living with a disability to make friends and engage with the community.
There are 20,000 students identified as having special needs in New Hampshire. Positive social experiences are a critical part of overall healthy development for children of all ages and abilities. DreamCatchers New Hampshire is a nonprofit organization that addresses this need by providing social opportunities in an environment that values everyone for who they are and provides opportunities to make friends, have fun and build self-confidence and empowerment. We partner with schools in an after school programs where activities are held throughout the school year. To learn more, visit www.DreamCatchersNH.org
1087 Elm StreetSuite 257Manchester, NH 03101
- General Education
- Strategic Planning
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Special Needs
- The board of directors meets about 8 times over the year and is required to attend the Annual Fundraising Event in April. The average time required may be 2-6hrs a month.
- Attend Annual Fundraising Event in April