14 people are interested
- Respond professionally to emails and calls from prospective clients seeking pro bono legal representation.
- Log inquiries from prospective clients into a database.
- Greet clients and other visitors.
- Scan closed case pleadings and other documents. Correctly label and organize scanned documents.
- Properly organize hard copies of scanned pleadings and other documents.
About Public Interest Law Center of Philadelphia
1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Two Penn Center, Suite 802, Philadelphia, PA 19102, US
We use high-impact legal strategies to advance the civil, social, and economic rights of communities in the Philadelphia region facing discrimination, inequality, and poverty. We use litigation, community education, advocacy, and organizing to secure their access to fundamental resources and services.
Since 1969, the Public Interest Law Center, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, has addressed local and national policies that perpetuate discrimination, inequality, and poverty. We use high-impact legal strategies - including class action lawsuits, policy advocacy, community organizing, and education - to secure significant, long-lasting change for our clients.
Our clients are people with disabilities, racial and ethnic minorities, low-income individuals and communities, formerly incarcerated people , and the advocacy organizations that represent them. Living with discrimination and poverty, they are denied access to vital resources that every person needs in order to enjoy even the rudiments of equal citizenship - an education, health care, a home, a healthy environment, a job, and the unencumbered right to vote.
Throughout our history, the Law Center has driven meaningful change in Philadelphia and across the country. We partner with community groups, leading local and national advocacy organizations, and private law firms to expand our capacity.
The Law Center is grateful for the leadership provided by the Board of Directors and Advisory Board, and for the immeasurable contributions provided by interns and volunteers. We do not charge our clients, so our work is funded through grants, court-awarded attorney’s fees, and donations.
We'll work with your schedule.
1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd.Two Penn Center, Suite 802Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Minimum of 4 hours per week
- Please complete the application form at this link: https://www.pubintlaw.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Volunteer-Application-Fillable.pdf