Volunteer at a weekend family science program. Spanish speakers needed!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
Masa is a non-profit organization that partners with Mexican and Latino children, youth and family to create strong learners and leaders who fully contribute to the broader community.
About Let’s Go Science!:
Let’s Go Science! Is a four-week program for families with children ages 3-8. As part of this program, under the guidance of a facilitator, families engage in a variety of hands-on activities to learn about science and engineering. At Masa, this curriculum will be delivered in Spanish, so volunteers must speak Spanish!
Masa’s Tlanezcalli Community Center, easily accessible by the 2 and 5 trains at the 149th Street-3rd Avenue train station (just 2 stops into the Bronx)
Saturdays, 10-11:30 AM, from July 13th through August 3rd
Support families working in small groups with a variety of hands-on science activities under the guidance of the lead facilitator.
Requirements are as follows:
- Able to volunteer all four Saturdays from July 13th through August 3rd
- Able to attend a training on Monday, July 1st, or, Tuesday, July 2nd, from 6-8 PM
- Must be able to communicate in Spanish
- Willing to review lesson plans in advance and ask questions as needed
- Interested in working with families, particularly with children ages 3-8; able to provide support while letting the facilitator and parents take the lead
- Be flexible, creative, organized and able to respond to change as needed
- Help guide families through weekly instruction
- Provide feedback on student progress and/or concerns to Masa staff
An interview and complete volunteer application is required for this role.
Masa Tlanezcalli Center2770 Third AvenueBronx, NY 10455
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Special Needs
- People 55+
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Able to volunteer Saturdays from 10 - 11:30 am
- Application, Interview, Spanish-Speaking