Education - Priority Lead
**This is a Volunteer position**
Education - Priority Lead
Role Purpose: Change the future of Arizona by playing a vital role in progressing sustainability initiatives. Your efforts will raise awareness by providing resources, information and developing educational programs for citizens.
- Formulate, organize, monitor and coordinate Education priorities and activities
- Partner with AZSA leadership to form suitable strategies and objectives within Education
- Develop educational programming for K-12, engaging youth in sustainability education and practices
- Create an online resource to centralize sustainability information, allowing for ease of access
- Plan and ensure execution of project-based learning practices and trainings for youth
- Assume responsibility for the priority’s volunteers and vendors
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets, grant requirements and activities
- Assess priority performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Exercise problem solving skills to resolve higher scope issues within priority
- Prepare reports for Executive Director, Program Directors, Board members and the broader organization as requested
- Collaborate directly with the Communications Director for any needs related to promotion, branding, etc.
Ideal Skill Set:
- Proven experience as a Program or Project Manager, specifically relating to Education programs
- Working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project etc.)
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills; you are a relationship builder who "manages by influence"
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a highly collaborative work style
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Ability to serve as a unifying force and to lead discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups
Time commitment: Approximately 5-10 Hours Per Week
To apply for this volunteer opportunity email your cover letter and resume/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Arizona Sustainability Alliance
8205 South Priest Drive #11962, Tempe, AZ 85284, US
The mission of the Arizona Sustainability Alliance is to create and support cutting-edge, project-based sustainability solutions in Arizona.
The Arizona Sustainability Alliance is a volunteer, non-partisan group committed to protecting our environment and promoting sustainable living through action and advocacy. Through
We'll work with your schedule.
Phoenix Metropolitan AreaPhoenix, AZ 85004
- Group Facilitation
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Approximately 5-10 Hours Per Week
- To apply for this volunteer opportunity email your cover letter and resume/cv to email@example.com