Red Cross seeking experienced leaders to partner with Regional CEO
American Red Cross - Cascades Region
The Red Cross is seeking a Volunteer Partner for our Cascades Region Regional CEO. The Volunteer Partner serves as a peer and confidante working collaboratively with a Red Cross leader to achieve Red Cross goals and objectives.
* Priority 1: Leadership and Management Development (Objective: Provide coaching and guidance to senior staff and volunteer leadership team members and ensure that a professional development culture permeates the region.)
* Priority 2: Face of the Red Cross in the Community (Objective: Establish and/or increase engagement in effective relationships with leaders in businesses, community organizations, state/local governmental agencies, faith-based entities)
* Priority 3: Fundraising & Financial Management (Objective: Work closely with fundraising staff to execute development strategy)
* Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
* Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations
* Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
* Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service
* Work well both individually and with others
* Relevant, complementary management and/or technical skills/operational experience
* Strategic thinking including ability to understand and communicate the organization’s vision and mission, and process-oriented with regards to decision making and implementation planning
* Team building, talent management, and succession planning skills to grow the organization’s capabilities
* Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partners as well as board members, senior management, and other volunteer partners as needed
* Understanding the value of volunteers and providing leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience
Approximately 10 hours per month, working remotely and on-site mainly in the Portland Regional HQ. One year appointment, renewable annually based on satisfactory performance of position.
About American Red Cross - Cascades Region
3131 N. Vancouver Ave, Portland, OR 97227, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.