Family Emergency Shelter Volunteer
10 people are interested
The Theriault Family Emergency Shelter Volunteer is reliable, encouraging and excited about making an impact in the lives of children. You will serve as a positive role model in the Parent & Me Program. Our volunteers will directly assist the staff with setting program up, cleaning up after program and supervising children.
- Support and encourage parents to engage with their child during program
- Take initiative and engage with children in an uplifting and encouraging manner
- Supervise children to make sure they are being safe and remaining in approved program zones
Dress Code: Comfortable, casual, as well as closed toe shoes. Please no tight fitting or revealing clothing.
About Illumination Foundation
2691 Richter Ave., Suite 107, Irvine, CA 92606, US
The Illumination Foundation (IF) is a non-profit 501 (c) (3), non-denominational, grassroots organization that addresses the crisis of homelessness in Orange County through integrated services that provide appropriate solutions.
Experts on homelessness within Orange County agree that it has reached crisis proportions, and that there are not enough resources designated for chronic and emergency programs. With that understanding, IF was founded in late 2007 to effectively lower the barriers for Orange County's homeless population to access existing resources and services. In July 2008 IF launched the "Pre-Transitional Housing and Wrap-Around Program", a comprehensive program that houses and supports homeless families with children in motels in Orange County. IF was established within the UC Irvine Health Care Executive MBA Program as a non-profit public charity organization. Today, IF's governing board consists of community leaders in medicine, nursing, social work, information technology and education.Illuminate lives by bridging the gaps in existing services for the most underserved to break or prevent the cycle of homelessness in Orange County.
We offer a low-entry threshold to provide a safety net for all homeless families with children.
We connect homeless or at-risk families and individuals with services they are eligible to receive.
We foster rehabilitation by empowering adults to become self-sufficient; and inspiring children to grow into independent, productive adults.
We'll work with your schedule.
STANTON LOCATIONStanton, CA 90680
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Family Therapy
- Child Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of one day per week (Mondays, Wednesdays and/or Thursdays) for 2 hours (10:45am-12:45pm) for a minimum of 6 months
- Must be comfortable engaging with children between the ages of 0-12 as well as adults. A pleasant manner, dependability, patience and a go-getter attitude! Must be 18+ years old and must have successfully cleared a Live Scan