2 people are interested
Volunteer Coordinator Position Description
Founded in 2003, GiGi’s Playhouse’s mission is to increase positive awareness of Down syndrome through national campaigns, educational programs, and by empowering individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community. All Programs are free and are therapeutic in nature. Each program is designed to work on specific skill development, including speech and language, socialization and fine and gross motor skills.
The Volunteer Coordinator is the key team member supporting and overseeing recruitment, orientation, scheduling, training and recognition of volunteers within the Playhouse. The Volunteer Coordinator works collaboratively with the Playhouse staff to provide a high level of customer service for potential and committed volunteers. This volunteer position requires an average commitment of 1-2 hours per week. Hours will vary depending on volunteer interest and needs. This position can be shared by two volunteers and most tasks can be performed from a remote location.
- Represents GiGi’s Playhouse at Volunteer Recruitment events within the community
- Responds to volunteer inquiries and questions via phone and email in a timely and professional manner. Oversees the Volunteer email address for the Playhouse (i.e., VolunteerQuadCities@gigisplayhouse.org)
- Hosts and leads New Volunteer Orientation sessions, according to the GiGi’s Playhouse model, a minimum of once per month.
- Conducts one-on-one Volunteer Orientation sessions, as needed.
- Collects volunteer needs and is responsible for scheduling volunteers into volunteer roles using our volunteer categorizations
- Sends email/phone reminders to attendees a few days prior to the Orientation. Performs follow up after Volunteer Orientation within 24-48 hours.
- Updates and maintains volunteer information via a spreadsheet and includes entering volunteer demographics, availability, interests, and observation status
- Coordinates and schedules additional volunteer trainings and provides on-going training as needed
- Maintains open communication with the Playhouse staff to ensure volunteer needs are covered and successful programs and events are delivered
- Coordinates Volunteer Recognition events for volunteers, a minimum of two times per year
- Volunteer coordination for fundraising and special events, as needed
- Coordinates with the Playhouse staff for Social Media, website and blog entries relating to volunteer impact, recognition and stories
- Reports to the local Site Director
For additional information about this volunteer opportunity, please contact the Playhouse at 309-762-7529 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About GiGi's Playhouse Quad Cities - Down Syndrome Achievement Center
3906 38TH AVE, MOLINE, IL 61265, US
Our mission is to increase positive awareness of Down syndrome through national campaigns, educational programs, and by empowering individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community.
GiGi's Playhouses are a series of Down syndrome achievement centers throughout the United States and Mexico offering no-cost educational, therapeutic and career developmental programming to individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community.
We'll work with your schedule.
3906 38th AveMolineMoline, IL 61265
- Customer Service
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week
- Volunteer Orientation and Program Observation