Office and Shipping Assistant
In addition to your resume, please email a cover letter stating why you want to volunteer for because I said I would and what skills you have related to this job description that makes you are a great fit for the position. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Role and Responsibilities:
Supervised by the Special Projects Associate, this is a great opportunity to assist with general office cleaning and organizing, data entry and processes necessary for the packing and shipping of promise cards, supplies and merchandise to because I said I would events, chapters and supporters. Training will be provided. Typical activities will include but are not limited to the following:
* Preparing event supplies for shipment
* Assisting with special projects that may include folding, cutting and printing needs
* Packing, weighing, labeling and shipping merchandise of packages
* Running general errands using company car
* Purchasing supplies for the office
* General office organizing, cleaning and upkeep
* Data entry for leads and lead verification, chapters, speaking engagements, fundraising, newsletter and character education inquiries from events.
* Uploading event photos and contact information in the database
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
* Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
* Use of MS office suite - basic Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
* Candidate must be available for a consistent weekly schedule (can be determined with the Fulfilment Manager).
* Detail oriented
* Experience with shipping procedures and protocol
* Salesforce experience a plus
Because I said I would is a growing nonprofit organization. Our mission is to better humanity through the importance of a promise. We only hire individuals that can make and keep their promises.
We'll work with your schedule.
20525 Center Ridge Rd.Suite 500Rocky River, OH 44116
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- 10-20 hours a week. Schedule is very flexible.